We'd love to have you involved in one of our various active committees. Read more below and if you're interested, sign-up on our Volunteer page and learn about upcoming Committee meetings on our Events page. Hope to see you soon!
The Elections/Candidate Committee focuses on identifying, cultivating, and support candidates for local Williamson County Office. Whether it's Williamson County Commissioner races or other local elections, this committee works to coordinate our efforts.
Point of Contact: Ben Jones | Willcodemocrat@gmail.com
The Diversity Committee’s primary purpose is to promote the Democratic Party’s principles and ideals of diversity and inclusion throughout Williamson County, TN. We work to spread the message that all people are created equal and that the Democratic Party will always fight to end discrimination based on race, ethnicity, national origin, language, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. We work to establish and foster relationships with diverse organizations throughout middle TN—and more specifically, Williamson County—through outreach and community support.
Point of Contact: Howard Garrett, Jr. | Willcodemocrat@gmail.com
We provide a conduit for developing plans to raise funds that support community involvement and organizing actions. The Fundraising Committee is responsible for …
- soliciting and collecting donations/funding,
- funding WCDP-related events,
- establishing and maintaining the ability to contribute to local and state candidates
- ensuring compliance with all applicable political and campaign finance-related regulatory requirements.
Point of Contact: Courtenay Rogers | Willcodemocrat@gmail.com
We are a fun, creative and technical group of volunteers with a common purpose to give Williamson County Democrats a voice and visibility. The Communications Committee is responsible for …
- enabling communications that help recruit, elect and fundraise;
- establishing and overseeing WCDP branding;
- curating and monitoring the party’s social media platforms;
- writing and sending mass emails;
- maintaining the party’s website (content, volunteer management, data management, etc.);
- Event promotion
- creating and distributing promotional materials for events.
- writing and editing press releases;
- and overseeing and conducting internal communication for the WCDP.
Point of Contact: Carol Chamberlain | Willcodemocrat@gmail.com
The Membership/Outreach Committee recruits Williamson County residents for membership in the Williamson County Democratic Party (WDCP) and works to ensure the retention of current members. The activities of the Membership Committee support the county party’s goal of achieve steady and healthy growth. To engage community members and serve the people of Williamson County the Membership Committee is responsible for …
- organizing and implementing an effective program to recruit new members and to retain current ones;
- engaging the community through outreach and volunteering;
- inputting in Nation Builder members’ basic information;
- giving information on all new members to District Captains;
- signing in and introducing all new members at the WCDP events,
- arranging for greeters at WCDP events to welcome new members,
- presenting certificates, pins, plaques and awards of all kinds; publicly recognize achievements by members and express thanks and appreciation for volunteering with the WCDP;
- planning and promoting creative ways to maintain current members and attract new ones;
- following current local public events and happenings in Williamson County and scheduling the WCDP to be involved;
- and staffing membership booths and tables at community events.
Point of Contact: Kelly Baker-Hefley | Willcodemocrat@gmail.com
The Administrative Committee was created by the Chair to address any pressing issues for the party which are not within the purview of the other committees. Work includes establishing common tools and technologies, maintaining bylaws, and completing ad hoc work (creating local election calendars, etc.)
Point of Contact: Matt Foster | Willcodemocrat@gmail.com