Williamson County Young Democrats are committed to fighting for democratic principles in our county and our state through our continued support of candidates we feel embody our values as Democrats and as citizens. We stand for inclusive politics and participate in our communities on every level. Want to gain political experience and make a difference in your community? Then join us! We are always accepting new members, and elect new officers each year. Anyone ages 13-35 who lives, works, or has an interest in Williamson County is welcome to join.
Williamson County Democratic Women
We hope our WCDW are having a great summer! No regular meetings scheduled until September. We'll keep you informed. Next meeting date and guest speaker to be announced by the President, Pastor Naomi T. Drake.
- to encourage and stimulate Democratic Women to take an active interest in party matters.
- to inform Democratic Women and the community of major issues in government and politics.
- to encourage Democratic Women to run for office.
- to work in conjunction with the Tennessee Federation of Democratic Women, the Williamson County Democratic Party, the Tennessee Democratic Party, and the Democratic National Committee to elect Democrats to office at all levels.
- and to endorse and actively support the Democratic nominees in all general elections.
Membership is open to both women and men. Our Annual dues are $15.00 and are due and payable by February 1 st for our membership count to the TN Federation of Democratic Women (TFDW) but may be paid throughout the year. Payable via ActBlue: https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/wcdw-tn or by check. Of that, five dollars goes to the Tennessee Federation of Democratic Women (TFDW) for membership dues and one dollar goes to the TFDW’s Jean Livingston Fund for women seeking public office.
At a minimum, we meet quarterly but other meetings will be announced at various locations throughout Williamson County. Everyone is welcome.
Topics for our meetings have included:
- Meet the Candidates for Alderman (City of Franklin)
- Voter Restoration Rights, Voting Rights and Voter ID Laws
- Religion and Politics
- Women in Politics
- Healthcare in Williamson County
- Local African American History
Our service projects and benefits have included: Gilda’s Club, Mid-Cumberland Community Action Agency, Williamson County Rescue Squad, Mercy Children’s Clinic, Williamson County Child Advocacy Center, Williamson County Boys & Girls Club, Williamson County African American Heritage Foundation, local food bank, Bridges Women Shelter, and the Franklin Public Library.
2016- 2018- Officers:
- President – Pastor Naomi T. Drake, 615-364-3576, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice-President – Vacant
- Secretary – Ann P. Duncan, 615-351-4743, email@example.com
- Treasurer - Wanda Bruce Graham, 615-491-7380 firstname.lastname@example.org
To Print the Membership Application Found Below Please Select Command-P on Mac or Control-P on Windows
PHONE NUMBERS:(h) (m) (w) ________________________________________________________________________
EMAIL: __________________________________________________________________ or by check payable to: Williamson County Democratic Women, P.O. Box 122, Franklin, TN 37065
* * * * * * * * * * WCDW MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION * * * * * * * * * *
Payable via ActBlue: https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/wcdw-tn
This is not tax deductible.